Saturday, August 4, 2007

plane ride to dublin

As I’m writing this I’m sitting in the airplane on my way to Dublin, Ireland (of course this is copied/pasted as I don’t have internet access on an airplane). It’s about 12:20am, Los Angeles time, and outside the window of the plane is the break of dawn (it’s 8:20 am Dublin time, but we won’t be in Dublin for another 3 hours, so I’m actually not sure exactly what time it is where we are at this moment, but f I had to guess it looks like it’s 7:30am).

For the people who know me well enough, you know I didn’t sleep on the plane like every other damn person did (such jealousy I have for those easy sleepers), so I had to resort to other methods of entertainment. I busted out the laptop and actually started the continuation of my so-called Hollywood blockbuster script that some of you may know about. I wrote about 1 page in it, and I got stuck on making up a new character’s name, so I saved the file and started writing this blog entry that I will later copy and paste onto my blog for all my eager readers (don’t lie…you know you want it).

Chris didn’t sleep either, actually (he’s my friend, who I’m going to enjoy my 3-week pre-MBA-study-continuation vacation with, and will be coming back to LA the same day I make my short train ride to St. Gallen and settle into my new place that I haven’t confirmed yet (fun times). We look at each other every 2min and jus smile…and then that makes me laugh, because Chris is comedy like that, especially when he isn’t even trying.

The plane also has a cool entertainment system with a bunch of on-demand videos and some games (it’s a new Airbus 330 aircraft) but to be honest the games sucked, except for battleship which me and Chris played against each other and woke a couple angry passengers up (you know how competition + testosterone can get). As for the movies and tv shows, I could only get through one episode of Frazier, which I admit was very funny, but I couldn’t get through a movie (we started “No Vacancy” with Luke Wilson and Kate Beckinsale, but it sucked within the first 10min so we shut it off). All the plane rides OUT of Dublin have “Spiderman 3” on their on-demand video list…that’s what I would have liked to watch.

Ok I’ve droned on enough. Next update should be some time in Dublin, so y’all come back now.

-roni

ps – dinner on the plane was chicken w/rice and vegetables, which I must say was damn delicious for airplane food, but rather oily (which annoyed me a little).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is a pleasure to read your blog, keep writing please.
I loved the moments you looked at Chris' face and smiled and ended up laughting. I really dig that. Good to have a friend who brings a smile to your face. I couldnt help laughing myself when I imagined your situation.

Unknown said...

We had interactive tv's on our plane too...had linux on them...got excited